Saturday, June 26, 2010

Whiplash and Lotsa Lotsa Mail!!!

It's been a while... But I have not disappeared completely!! And I have pictures from the Grand Canyon which I will post...eventually. Probably after this week.

Anyways! Boy do I have a story!!

So on Wednesday, we decided to play chase and we were running all around the church. Inside and Outside and around the back and through to the front... It was great!!

Until...

I crashed into my friend Christian! We just collided into each other. I hit him in the knee and he ended up on the floor and somehow he hit me in the face and while I was still standing, I could not feel half of my face for about two minutes! After the numbness wore off, it stung for a little and then I had a headache.Thinking it would go away in the morning, I took some tylenol and went to bed. When it was still there the next day, I told my mom. When it hurt with more intensity yesterday morning, Mom scheduled a doctor's appointment.

The doctor (who also happens to be a chiropractor) said I had whiplash and my neck was way out of alignment. That was causing the headaches. So he adjusted me up (which is pretty scary if you've never been adjusted before. This was my second time and it was still freaky!) and that was that. Then he gave me neck stretching exercises and told me to rest up.

Mom had been afraid that maybe I had a concussion. Or maybe I fractured my skull or something weird like that. She thought my summer camp (for which I leave tomorrow!!!) would be in jeopardy but the doctor said I can go as long as I took it easy until I left. So I've been a good girl and I took a three hour nap on the couch this afternoon! And y'know, when you lie flat on your back, there really is nothing you can do besides sleep. My neck is still a little sore but I felt immediately better when the doctor snapped me back into place!

And also, this week, I have just gotten a TON of mail!!! Wow!

These three (THREE!!!) letters came this morning!! Courtesy of Melissa, Sydney, and Kerri. Melissa sent me a sweet letter and Sydney sent me a couple ATC's to swap and Kerri sent me the most amazing letter ever!!! It was so colorful inside with lots of marker doodles in pretty colors.... it was amazing and it made me laugh!

And these two lovely letters came from Sabrina and Milea yesterday!!! They were both very sweet and nice long letters too! So, lots of mail to reply to!! And a lot of it I probably won't get to until after I get back from summer camp. =( Oh well.

And THIS is some amazing mail art that I sent to Kerri last week!! It's kinda hard to tell but the theme of the envelope is the zombie dinosaur apocalypse. Coming to a city near you in 2012!! It's a joke but I had a lot of fun making it. And Kerri said it made her laugh so much!! Which it always makes me smile to discover that my mail makes others happy.

1 comment:

  1. I need my secret surgeon! Please come back, my plan is not over!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment! They make me smile! ^-^