Sunday, June 17, 2012

DaMeesh can cook!

So... Cameron is gone at camp! (Sidestory- we went to the post office to send him letters and I sealed mine with a lipgloss-y kiss and wrote "From: your princess, castle in the sky." just for laughs. Which have already been had; right there in the post office. We made a small scene me and mom. And little old ladies were giving us funny looks... On the INSIDE of the envelope, I made lots of medieval references such as, "I pray you will forgive me like all good chivalrous knights" and "signed, your loving sister." fun stuff.) Case in point, Cameron is gone at summer camp, so Mom and Dad decided to take advantage of this opportunity to getaway to Scottsdale. Alone. Which would be utterly romantic (for them) if the u.s open wasn't going on right now... Just kidding. But the look on Mom's face when dad mentioned it was priceless!

They left me to take care of Pat-dog. Alone. I'm alone in the world! Woe is me! (Melissa will be joining me shortly, but as of yet, she has not arrived.) So I made a meal plan for the next fw days and ingredient and shopping lists. It was great. I felt like a big girl.

And today, I began my first...thing. I can't say meal, because it's hardly dinner time, and we're actually going to have it on Wednesday... But, I grilled chicken!!!

And for any other loners out there, I will show you how to make it in three easy steps (with pictures):

Pound it.

Season it.

Grill it.

(Anyone having Patty-cake flashbacks yet?) and look how beautiful it turned out!!! I'm so proud! There are also other steps involved, such as, flipping it and checking the temperature. But just remember- 160 degrees! Or else you risk food poisoning! (And my dad knows this stuff from restaurant managing.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment! They make me smile! ^-^