Friday, May 13, 2011

Water Day!

Every year, the homeschool group has an annual water day to close out the year. All the kids get together and there's a fire truck and they had Eegee's this year... It's B.Y.O.W. (Bring Your Own Water.) And you can bring your weapon of choice. Be it water balloons, or special guns, or sponges, or, my personal favorite--plastic cups!!

I took a page out of Mr. Huberty's book when he used giant tumblers to dump water on us on the sixth grade camping trip. I've been using them for about four years now and they are quite effective. :)


 Cam was a beast!! He was attacking all the girls (oooh!! just kidding. They were his friends.) And he got very soaked. Look at the poor Arizona grass!!


 There's me with my cups and gallons of water. I took about five gallons this year. It was enough. I am pretty conservative about using it though. At least this year.

Every year, different groups of kids form "bases" or "forts" or "camps" and they hide out in them and attack other camps. I joined a camp this year and it was pretty fun. I didn't get as wet as my renegade years though. (Which can be either a bad thing or a good thing. Depends on how wet you want to be.) I was like the "fort guarder" because there was a place at the back where all the pesky little kids would come through and steal water balloons. So I splashed them in the face with water.

It was pretty fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment! They make me smile! ^-^