Saturday, June 25, 2011

The Rope Swing:

Family Reunion Day 2

Uncle Brian built us a rope swing!

It was very much like a tarzan swing. It made me think of when we were little, Nick and Anthony and I used to sing, "George, George, George of the Jungle, watch out for that tree!" And of course in the movie preview where I think it was from, he crashed into the tree!



Well we also had our own tree to swing into. (Eventually, Uncle Brian moved the rope so we wouldn't hit the tree but it did give us some pretty gnarly scratches.) Sadly, I don't have any pictures of the tree that we swung into..

See? You grab the rope, stand on the ledge and with a running start, you run and jump and hold on for dear life!




Cam--was not always so great at the hanging on for dear life part. Just kidding. He was pretty good.


Dylan was pretty good though! ^-^




Ben was really good at it too! (The Washington Tylers have a rope swing in their backyard so they were more experienced than Cam.)


There's that tree I mentioned earlier. I think I got the best swings since I weigh significantly more than the boys do. And I was able to swing myself around in a circle so I could (sometimes) avoid hitting the tree.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment! They make me smile! ^-^