Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Tamale Making Party!!!

Tamales!!!

Okay, so it wasn't really a party but Mom was getting a hankerin' for tamales. So we made some!! And it wasn't a whole day escapade. It only took up the afternoon. And they were tasty! And! We now have a freezer with tasty tamales! Yay!!

The fixin's. You have no idea how much I had to do to clear off the windowsill behind all of it, just so it looked presentable for the camera! And then it took eight shots to get it right. This (I think) is the best one.

Look at that goodness!!

And my lovely mommy, smiling for the camera!! It took so long for me to convince her to let me take a picture of her!! And then when she finally consented, it took six tries to get a good one because I was laughing and a bunch turned out blurry! (In case you were wondering, this shot took a lot of work to make our kitchen presentable too. You can't see it, but that corner by the toaster? It's crammed with random junk. And you should've seen the laundry room!! O_o But no more on the state of our house!)

The tamales were so good!!! I decided that I like them. Last time, I didn't like them. While we were making them, mom told me a story about how she and dad went on a "culinary adventure" once. They decided that they were going to make tamales together! Well, it turned out to be an all day process!! And then, their tiny little freezer was full to the brim with tamales!! 

Good stuff, them tamales!



P.S. Have you noticed that the quality of my pictures is going up?? Yay!!! ^-^

1 comment:

  1. I love this post!! I love tamales! I love your beautiful mother! I love the pictures from your new camera! You're so awesome, Meesh!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment! They make me smile! ^-^