Thursday, July 12, 2012

Chapel


Chapel time was awesome! It was neat to see so many students engaging in worship together.

We had chapel twice a day all week--once in the morning and once at night. If you went to dawn patrol, you were spending roughly 3 hours a day in Chapel. But it was all good. The worship was good. The speaker was excellent. His name was Chris Simning this year. The theme for the week was God's sufficiency. It was a cool topic because Chris has a disability that affects his motor skills. But his mind is completely intact. He had so much to teach us!

At first, it was hard for me to look past his disability, but as the week went on, I grew quite fond of him. He's really a likeable character. And it made me realize that I do have a little bit of a discrimination against disabled people, as much as I would've denied it. It made me think about society's view of disabled and how I don't want to pass that perspective on to my children.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment! They make me smile! ^-^