Saturday, January 16, 2010

Farmer's Market!

Yesterday, Mom and I went gallivanting to the farmer's market! It was so different from what I'm used to. We saw a few of the coolest dogs--including a Great Dane, a couple Rottweilers, and a ginormous Russian shepherd hound thing (It was the size of a Great Dane but it had a long snout and it was fluffy!!)

We bought produce to make salsa (and man, was it good!) and there was one guy selling hydroponic tomatoes! These tomatoes were pesticides free and they were grown without any soil. He cut one up and let people sample it so that you could taste the difference between his hydroponic tomatoes and other, normal, tomatoes. And let me tell you, they tasted amazing! We bought four. Hee Hee. (shown above: tomatoes but not hydroponic ones)

We also saw a lady wearing this really interesting jacket. It was quilted and on the back it said, "A messy house is the sign of a happy quilter." (Hah! We sewed a lot of pajamas over the holidays and boy do we know how true that is!) It made us laugh. The first pic is zoomed in and the above pic is the full jacket.
And, I saw an authentic old fashioned typewriter! (I'm pretty sure it was real...) It was neat! I'd never seen a typewriter before so it was cool.

There were so many sellers and stalls. It was so new and different (As it is every time we go. No farmer's market is the same twice.) All the sights and sounds and smells... It was a lot of fun. Mom made me ask permission from the sellers before I took pictures of their merchandise. (Although, I didn't ask permission from the lady with the quilted jacket. I just pretended I was taking a picture of the mountains and zoomed in.) None of the sellers declined me but I'm sure they thought it was a strange request....oh well!

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE Great Danes! Someday, I hope to get a Great Dane, and name it Peanut Butter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Peanut Butter? That's oawsome! I love it! I want to get a dog and name it Rafiki. for right now though, my stuffed monkey will have to suffice. =)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment! They make me smile! ^-^